Option 4 - Adjunct Instructor Certification
For Teaching Grades P-12
You are a candidate for this route if you:
- Have an offer of employment;
- Have expertise in a specific area; and
- For elementary certification have a bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of 2.75;
- For middle or secondary certification have an overall GPA of 2.75 and have a GPA of 2.75 in the major/minor or area of concentration in the subject to be taught; or
- For vocational education certification have a high school diploma and at least four years of appropriate occupational experience.
- A candidate meeting these requirements is employed in a part-time position on an annual contract basis and is not eligible for continuing service status or retirement provisions. A school district may contract with an adjunct instructor on an hourly, daily, or periodic basis. The local school district must provide an orientation program for adjunct instructors.
- This route does not lead to full state certification.
Return to the Alternative Routes to Certification Homepage
Contact the EPSB Division of Certification